First talk on the HDD and the RAID system.

Hey everyone,

     My name is Oliver and I am another one of the 4 members of CGBR Technologies. As this is my fist post I would like to take the time to introduce myself to you! I am a part of the hardware development team in CGBR Tech along with Aaron with whom I design the PCB's and general hardware around the computer.

     Over the Christmas holidays we have done a lot of research into Project Mariana and we're even closer to making it a reality! We have spoken to numerous companies and developed many sketches for the final design of the project. We are sorry that we couldn't post over Christmas but we can assure you that we were still hard at work.

    Now for the business part of the post. I, as a part of the hardware team, design PCB's. Recently, I have finished the design for the ARAM (Advanced RAID Array Module). This PCB holds up to 8 Drives (which are 6 x 3.5" and 2 x 2.5"). With the capability of RAID on board configurable from software on the computer you can hold up to 80 terabytes (TB) of data in one module! This (if set up properly) will give you massive storage and contingency capability.

     I will be updating you more on this subject once I have the pictures of the PCB. With that, I hope you all enjoyed reading about this short snippet and keep reading in the future!

                                                           -Oliver from CGBR Technologies

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Hardware and Software

Project Mariana - Details about the actual project

3 changed to CGBR Technologies